11.20.2019

Christmas-y Coral

Hello, All!  Here's a card I managed to get done this past weekend, hoping to get it posted in time, and it looks like I'll make it!  Yay!  This card will be entered at Flower Challenge #38.


First I mixed up the paste in a color that I wanted and spread it through the stencil, actually quite haphazardly to get the uneven edges and actually a rough surface.  I then cut and colored the poinsettia in matching colors.  Once I was ready to add the flower, I realized I didn't really like the "square" corner of embossing paste in the upper left corner, so I used the vellum to kind of mute that effect and added gold pen dots.  However, then I didn't have a paper in a well-matching coral to use for the sentiment banner, so I swiped an ink pad across a white sheet and then white embossed on top of that.  I think it worked out well!  Here's a close-up, hopefully showing the texture of the paste as well as the colors used ~


Supplies:
   MFT All Lined Up stencil
   E by E Mistletoe & Holly stamp/die (NBUS)


Thanks for popping in, and I hope to be around soon to see all YOUR amazing cards!

Hugs,
TK


10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card TK, the stripes and the vellum are great frames for your bloom.

I Card Everyone said...

Your card is wonderful, TK - in my favorite salmon-y red! and the little slip of vellum? worked a charm!
=]

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous design and a very striking card with a wonderful poinsettia x. I am away for three weeks so I will catch up on my return x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and I love the striped design and pretty poinsettia. That is a great shade of red too. I am glad you got it entered into the challenge on time too.

Bobby said...

Lots of texture and shine make this a lovely card, TK. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Flower Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little poinsettia bloom! This s charming TK!

Viv said...

Great card TK - the stencil background is perfect for your pretty vellum and flower!

Rosemary said...

your background and flower are absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Do you have any helpful hints
for aspiring writers? I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform
like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many
options out there that I'm completely overwhelmed ..
Any ideas? Kudos!

Anita in France said...

So pretty and texture-y, TK ... the vellum adds a lovely soft touch! Hugs, Anita :)