5.27.2019

Happy Birthday to Mom

Zipping in to post the card I finally made for mom, and guess what?!  It isn't purple!  I started out thinking it would have plenty of purple, but I strayed...  Needless to say, my Zigs surprised me and threw a slight hint of purple, but only for those that see it IRL.  So here's to Mom...


I fell in love with this Mondo Hydrangea stamp from Essentials by Ellen and then promptly FROZE at the thought of coloring it and really messing it up!  It's taken me awhile but I've had a bit of practice with my Zigs, so I dared to tackle it last night.  I stamped and embossed with a Ranger prismatic ep, to set off the lines, then colored it.  It was placed on a textured background stamp, "tacked" with a little foil tape, and sentiment added below.   Here's a close-up of the sparkle that pretty much hides in the photo above.


I'll be entering this over at Time Out #136, and here's their inspiration:


In other news, I wanted to thank every person who has fearlessly and boldly served our country; and for family and loved ones of the service men and women who stood by proudly while they served.  We personally have family and friends who have served, and it makes me honored just to know them.  Hope each of you enjoyed your weekend festivities!

Hugs,
TK

13 comments:

sandie said...

oh you were so good to finally tackle this and wow did you do an amazing job, the colouring is perfect and to add all that sparkle-so brave and it looks so pretty. I do love that added foil edge-a unique touch and one I will remember. Love seeing you at Time Out and love that you add us a comment on our main blog-this means a lot to us, so a huge hug and thank you xx

I Card Everyone said...

Your mom will adore it, TK... and I'm proud of your for throwing those fears aside! Bravo! Just look at that glam! xx
=]

Electric Pandemonium said...

This is such a lovely card. I love the attention to detail around the flowers. Absolutely beautiful!

Viv said...

A beautiful card TK. x

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful! I have blue hydrangeas outside my front door and I always look forward to summer and when they bloom. Gorgeous coloring.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and I do see the hint of purple in the flowers. I love the shimmery look around the blossoms too. I bet your Mom loves it as well. I can see why you wanted this wonderful stamp.

Lisa Elton said...

She's going to adore this Tk, it's very pretty!

Mac Mable said...

Stunning card and wonderful colouring with the zigs x Yes I know what you mean with these wonderful stamps, I too get daunted, as I see so many amazing colourists out there....but you have met the challenge head on and I think your card is amazing x
Loved the thoughts at the end of your post too x

Rosemary said...

Beautiful card, TK! Love the beautiful shades of blue you used and your wonderful coloring!

Anita in France said...

Wow, TK, so gorgeous! Your colouring is just fantastic, the depth on the individual blossoms is brilliant ... and the shimmery, sparkly outlines set it off beautifully! I also love this image ... and get squeaky when I colour it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Good for you for overcoming your fears, TK, because you did a fabulous job on the hydrangea. Your Mom will love it, as do I.

Karen Dunbrook said...

this is so gorgeous...well done.
:) Karen

Kristin said...

This is really beautiful! I love the emobssed sparkle and how you colored it in. Thanks for visiting my blog!