7.09.2024

White & Aqua - Oh My!

Hello!
It's been nearly 3 weeks since I've been able to make and post a card -- good grief!  I've made a few cards, mostly for the PFS Create & Connect Hot Foil/Press Plate event, which I will show soon!  I have a couple more cards to make (extras), and I'll get to them as soon as possible.  In the meantime, our friend has a Birthday today and I knew I just had to make him a card.  The challenge up at The Color Hues #90 is all about white and aqua, and boy was this one an easy one for me!


This design all came about by PB&J's Permission to Play videos, and this ones follows video #1, embossed background and image band ~

PB&J Permission to Play #1 - Basic Band

I dry embossed the background with a subtle waves folder, attached the stamped band and then colored my elements with Copics, matching the foiled sentiment.  I then added my elements with foam tape.  The sentiment was popped up as well.

And a close-up so you can see the waves a bit better ~



Supplies:
   WRMK - Waves 1
   Splb - A Little Message sentiment, foil
   EH (oob) - Seaside

That's it for me, Friends, and I do hope to get back soon!

Hugs,
TK

9 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and love the colors!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of the sketch! Worked well the 2 colors too 😊

Marcia Hill said...

Awesome card TK and great use of our challenge colors! I have to admit I'm a little jealous of the way you were able to capture the foiled shine on your sentiment...you must have better sunshine in your neck of the woods! Haha!! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful card with us at the Color Hues Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

TK, this is so fun! I love the waves - and how perfect it is for your lighthouse/sailing scene!
=]

Bobby said...

Those images are perfect in aqua and white, TK. I'm sure your friend appreciates you making and sending such a wonderful card.

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect way to use these colors, TK! I love this layout and use it often! I'm sure your friend is enjoying this!

Loll said...

Sweet!! What a fun card using this sketch, TK. That embossing folder is perfect for a seaside scene. Beautiful with the turquoise foiling. xx

Ida said...

Love this card. I love lighthouses and anything to do with the coast. Pretty embossed background. Now I'll have to check out that video.

Cat Craig said...

brilliant use of the colors and the sketch. Love this.