7.15.2024

A Trio of PFS

 Hello and welcome!

Today I'm bringing a trio of cards from the recent PFS Create & Connect - Hot Foil/Press Plate event.  We made two cards for each class, plus two Make & Takes to do on your own.  Today's cards actually come from Class 3 -- why class 3 first?  Well, because I already got to use one, so why wreck the suspense on the other classes - lol.  This class was taught by Emily Midgett, so the first two cards are her designs ~


Card #1 uses a beautiful floral press plate, then inked through stencils.  The center "label" portion is actually made with one of the dies that came with our kits, and the sentiments are all pre-foiled ephemera packs.  A bit of soft blending under the label and this card is good to go -- love the soft inking and delicate colors on this one.  This is a full slimline, which isn't my go-to but I didn't want to cut off too much of the beautiful flowers to make it mini.


Card #2 is very interesting and beautiful!  A press plate was pressed into the base and then blended around the edges.  And that beautiful oval?  Remind anyone of the old cameos?  It is a negative press plate, so you ink the orange portion, and the remaining white is the negative portion -- so cool!  I really love this card 😊


This one is one of the Make & Takes for this class, a design by Heather Hoffman -- be still my heart!  Another one of the great cards from the classes... #pfcreateandconnect

Well, it took me awhile to start getting these posted.  While I made the class cards (all but one) during the session, it took a while to get the M&T's done, around "life".  I hope you've enjoyed these, and I'll be back for more.

Supplies:
   Card #1 PFS - Honeysuckle pp/stencil/die; Blanket Stitch Bracket dies; foiled ephemera sentiment; gold dust dots
   Card #2 PFS - Splendid Florals Detail pp; Oval Blossom pp/dies; foiled ephemera sentiment; gold dots
   Card #3 PFS - Honeysuckle pp/stencil/die; Framed Floral Arch die; foiled ephemera sentiment; gold dots

Thank you, All, for the visit!  Stay cool and see you soon!

Hugs,
TK




9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh well done! That gold foiling gives such an elegant efffect.

Verna Angerhofer said...

All cards are so gorgeous! I love the gold!

I Card Everyone said...

I saw that 'cameo' right away, TK! It's my favorite today, but I love the other two, TOO - and all these beautiful pastels!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Hey, I recognize these! You did a beautiful job TK...all are lovely, lovely cards! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

Great job on all three cards, TK. That orange one does look like a vintage cameo. I have some PFS stamps that look similar so I may try your designs. I've signed up for the August Create but will have to do it by PDF before or wait until after and watch the videos. I didn't know that my granddaughter was "eloping" that weekend (which means a small wedding with grandparents, parents and siblings).

Bonnie said...

I'm loving the honeysuckle cards, TK! Wow! And the middle card with the inked background leaving the white flowers is amazing!

Cat Craig said...

fabulous cards, TK. I bet you had fun.

Ida said...

Each one is so pretty in it's own way. Love the foiling, adds such a pretty shimmer. Card 2 does remind me of Cameos. Card 3 is my personal favorite of the trio.

Lisa Elton said...

These are all lovely, TK! I do see the cameo. In fact my mom gave me one that was my grandmother's and it's this same color!