7.17.2024

It's Quints!

 Hello, and a warm (okay HOT) welcome!

We've been over 100 for many days, and barely down to upper 90's for equally as long.  Watermelon, anyone?  Other than a Memorial Dinner, I try to stay inside and leave the heat to those young'uns who can stand the heat.  However, I still have to go out in it to drive to work or drive home...

Onto the cards!  I've got a few today, from the same PF Create & Connect, so I'll stop the chatter!
Photo-heavy warning...

Card 1, 2 and 3 ~ designs by Lea Lawson, only varying a bit to my liking ~


This card is hot foiled with the outline press plate, then colored with the stencils, then center cut so a shaker could be made.  I popped up the foiled ephemera over the shaker portion.  The top "envelope" portion is made with a bracket die.


This one was pressed, colored with the stencils, detailed with a Copic and the center cut again.  I chose to not make a shaker and just added my gems around the popped up sentiment.


This one is the same, just different colors -- the middle cs showing through is actually a great peach color but I couldn't get the camera to say that!  The roll of foil shown is Aura, an iridescent gold color.

Card #4 ~


This card is a happy "oopsy"!  I accidentally inked the leaves coral and was going to toss it but after laying it aside, I really liked the color so I used a design by Emily Midget!  This set has 3 pieces to press, but I struggle with the alignment of the 3rd/outline layer, even using PF's template that was provided.  However, I think the outline made this card artsy, and I really love the color!

Card #5 ~


This design is thanks to Heather Hoffman!  I foiled my outline in silver, stenciled in my colors, wrapped and coiled memory thread, then attached my sentiment.  I'm loving these colors!  And the fun thread!

Supplies:
   PFS - Splendid Florals press plates (3)/stencils & die; Blanket Stitch Bracket dies; Oval die; foiled ephemera pack
   DMC - Memory Thread 

 Now that you've hung with me through all that, you are excused to go take a nap - lol.  Thank you for the visit, you mean so much to me and I really enjoy & appreciate your friendship!

Hugs,
TK

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

TK this is another A++ assignment from you latest PF class!
Once again, I'm taken by the pastel colors you've chosen. Guess who else took that class? and was kind enough to allow me some playtime with it? I'm sure you know who! But I sure do wish you were here to help me with that Glimmer machine!
Gorgeous cards, my friend!
=]

Bobby said...

What a wonderful job you did on all those cards, TK. I love that the center cuts out so you can make a shaker or add a large sentiment without covering those lovely leaves.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I do love your foiling! Beautiful cards 😊

Lisa Elton said...

I like all of your pretty shimmer and shine! So many wonderland makes, TK!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous collection! Try to stay cool!

Darnell said...

And I return a quintuplet of thanks to you for all the glorious inspiration, TK! Each one is really pretty! I know what you are going through with that heat (we are heading back up into the hunnerts tomorrow🥵) and I hope it cools off for you soon. If not, we win when you stay in and get your art on! Hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! All the cards are fan! Beautiful variation on each one. You did an amazing job on them!

Bonnie said...

No nap required but I'm trying to hold back from shopping! This plate makes such pretty cards and they make me almost want to fight with my Glimmer. I'm staying in as much as possible to beat the heat too. It's good weather to make some cards!

Loll said...

Five beautiful cards using the PFS presses and stencils, TK. Each one is so lovely. Great work!! Stay cool! xx