12.17.2023

Birthday Bougainvilleas

Good morning!

A short post today for the Birthday girl, there'll be lots of celebrating, I'm sure!  For this, I brought out my current favorite, and first, set of foiling plate/stamp/stencil ~


The panel was foiled, then colored using Color Hues #77 - Pink & Silver and the blooms from Triple B - December.  This time, I used almost the full colored panel, which was loosely water colored ala Michele!  No, no, no, she's the winner of that category, but a girl's gotta learn, right?!  I used my new Altenew pan paints, cut the panel down just a tad and placed it over a strip of glitter tape.  My sentiment (thanks for the win, Vicki) was die cut with coordinating paper -- and since this is a new-to-me die, it'll visit NBUS #57 too

A close-up ~


Oh!  The shimmer... it was added by mixing my gray pan paint with some shimmer paint!  With that glitter tape, I may have not needed it but since I colored first and then arranged it, you get both today!  This card was sent to my MIL in Colorado, who hopefully has it by now and can help her have a special, blessed day.

  

Supplies:
   PFS - Bougainvillea Print plate
   Unk - Birthday die

This weekend will be a busy one, the regular "chores", a Birthday, and prep for incoming visitors for next week.  I'll try to pop in when I can, but have a great week if I don't!  I'm also enjoying each and every card I've received, as I know they come from the heart and are beautiful!
Thank you for the visit, I appreciate you!

Hugs,
TK




 

10 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful with the foiling and soft pink colors.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty card! So fun to see you using your prize 😊

Rosemary said...

Another lovely, lovely card, TK. You have really been going to town with the foiling and creating some wonderful cards!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty Birthday card, TK! Loving that Bougainville background and all the sparkle! Thanks for playing along with my colors at Color Hues and Happy Holidays to you!

Lisa Elton said...

That little strip of sparkle you added is everything! This is extra pretty, TK. I like the retro look of the sentiment letters!

Bobby said...

I recently got the stencil for that foil plate so thanks for inspiring me to get it out, TK. Your card is wonderful in pink and silver and I love the idea of shimmer on the leaves.

Karen said...

Such a pretty card, and all that sparkle takes it to the top! I love the strip of glitter on the side. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Cat Craig said...

Such a pretty use of pink and silver.

Bonnie said...

What a great way to use these colors for a special birthday card! I'm sure it made your MIL's birthday extra special!

Stef Perry said...

I can only imagine how shimmery and beautiful this card is IRL, TK! Your loose watercoloring looks great and I love the strip of glitter tape for that addition glam! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!