5.13.2023

Happy Birthday, Butterflies!

 Welcome again!
I'm not sure that title works, but hey, I like it!  
This design was referred to as a "split front" card design.  Maybe I live under a rock but maybe you haven't heard of it either, so here it goes ~


A pierced panel attached to the card front, then cut on the diagonal.  After cutting the diagonal, I foiled the butterflies in silver, colored and die cut them plus an extra plain white duplicate of each butterfly.  I played with the spacing, then attached the butterflies to the top and bottom portions.  The extra white duplicate of each butterfly is then placed on the inside, to add stability and cover any bleed through from the coloring.  The front panel was then re-cut down to a 5 1/2" front.  A sentiment foiled, doubled in thickness and placed on the front.

Here's a weird angle, that shows a bit more of the foiling ~


My inspiration came from Bibi Cameron for the design - big thanks to you!


This will be visiting Triple B and NBUS #50.



Supplies:
   PFS - Small Butterflies plate; Scripty Words plate/dies (NBUS)
   MB - Pinpoint Leaf cp
   MFT - Anything but Basic Birthday Wishes

Best wishes for a great day, Everyone!

Hugs,
TK

9 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous butterflies and a beautiful pierced panel! The foiling looks wonderful too!

Cindy Beach said...

Your butterflies shine on this pretty card, TK! The silver foiling is so elegant! Thanks so much for your encouraging words to my blog today. Sending hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty butterflies and what a fun card design! I think I live under your neighboring rock!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely flutterby's and I haven't seen a split card like yours before either...its wonderfully fun.

Bobby said...

I have seen that split front before, TK, but it's been a while and I've never tried it. After seeing how wonderfully it works, especially with your beautiful foiled butterflies, I will have to give it a try.

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I certainly do love the CAS card design with the split front and pierced background! Beautiful shimmery butterflies and sentiment. I appreciate your visit to my blog, TK, and I enjoyed popping over to see your own sweet creations!

Rosemary said...

Lovely card, TK. The butterflies are so pretty!

I Card Everyone said...

What a fun design! I'm quite sure this is the first time I've seen it, TK - you've used the prettiest 'glue' to keep the split together!
=]

Anonymous said...

Such elegant butterflies. I like the split design, which I've never tried.