5.09.2023

Birthday Magnolias

 Hello, Friends!
Today I welcome you with open arms, and a "new to me" technique.  I've heard that this is possible, but I decided that it was time to try.  I've had this die sitting on my desk since its last use.  I had wanted to try to make a second card, with a different look and I think I've succeeded ~


I used the inside die to hot foil the outline onto some gray c/s, without cutting.  I then used the outer die to cut it out, and got busy coloring.  Hindsight, since I used colored c/s, I wish that I had used something other than Copics because it wasn't as easily blended, but still a success.  A close-up of the outline foiling ~


This will be for my mom at the end of the month.  I fear that she won't see them as finely foiled lines, but outlines, which is totally fine.  And the color?  Well a little artistic license!  Haven't YOU ever seen blue magnolias?  Well now you have 😁  ...you'll see why in a bit.
I really wanted to place this on a really pretty matting, but just couldn't find the right one.  I tried embossing it, but again I just couldn't find the right one.  So here she is placed upon an arched dome die and again the next darker gray c/s.  The sentiment foiled and my unusual but pretty side angled tag.  This will be sent to the Flower Challenge #80 Pretty Pastels (I hope this counts as pastels) and MFT Color#210.  Unfortunately I don't have any MFT products but I love their colors!



Supplies:
   Spl - Magnolia Blooms, We Dance glimmer sentiments
   WF - Nested Dome dies

That's my second card made this weekend!  I hope you've enjoyed your stop and I thank you for visiting from the bottom of my little pea-pickin' heart!  Have a great week!

Hugs,
TK





11 comments:

Viv said...

Lovely TK! x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your magnolias are gorgeous! I was just going to look up Magnolias to see what colors would work to add highlights to a coloring card I got recently with an order. I love your version and am really inspired now to make my version. I love to color and then later find ways to use them.

Bobby said...

The blue foil looks fabulous, TK, and I love how you accented the flowers with alcohol inks. Your Mom will love it!

Lisa Elton said...

It won't matter what kind of lines your mom sees, she'll see the beauty of this card and all of the love that went into it!

Cat Craig said...

TK, this is quite stunning.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!!! This is BEAUTIFUL TK!! I've foiled sentiments with just a regular die but never tried an actual image die, and I love the look you got with your blue foiling and the Copics...just lovely and your mom will think so too! :0)

I Card Everyone said...

It's a gorgeous card, TK! Love the look of the foiled-not-stamped outline. Come on - you KNOW you had me at grey!
=]

Bonnie said...

Good for you trying this technique, TK! Your blue magnolias are beautiful and I'm sure your Mom with love them!

Rosemary said...

Beautifully done, TK. Love the coloring on the colored cardstock. It looks wonderful.

Ida P. Krause said...

Super pretty. Love how the foiling shimmers on the card. - Sorry I haven't been by much lately.

Anonymous said...

SO lovely, card. Thanks for linking to The flower challenge.
DT Sathya