1.08.2022

Winter Birthday Bear

 Surprise!

I'm back today with a card made for a winter Birthday.  It's a mini slim size and worked perfectly for my pretty QACAS card.


An ink-blended background, a snowy slope spritzed with shimmer spray, then I stamped and colored by bear and his mailbox, a bit a happy mail I suspect!  It might be kind of hard to see but I hand-penned a few twinkly stars with a clear sparkle pen.  See what I mean, pretty quick and easy.

I hope everyone is fairing well.  We've had record snows especially in the mountains (286" already, where an average is 184"), record cold temps (a broken 110-year record here locally), and now chinook winds that came through with such warmth that now there's flooding around the state. Our family faired well, no accidents but closed schools and even my work (considered "essential") saw shortened days to keep the public safe.  
Be Safe, Everyone!    And Happy New Year (sorry so late)!

Supplies:
   MFT - Cool Day

Take care everyone -- squeeze your loved ones extra today.

Hugs,
TK


9 comments:

Mac Mable said...

That bear is adorable, love his face and love your card TK. Glad to hear you and your family have kept safe in your unprecedented weather x. Sending hugs x

Claire said...

Aww your bear looks so snug in his cool coloured scarf. I love how you've achieved a real chill to the card using just blues.

Happy New Year TK, stay safe x

Bonnie said...

We've been hearing about your crazy weather, TK! I'm glad you and your family are safe and hope you stay safe! Love your friendly bear with his striped scarf! Great background too!

Lisa Elton said...

Quick, clean, simple and super cute! You should link this up at Just Us Girls, TK. Our challenge this week is inked backgrounds ;)

I Card Everyone said...

Hey there, sunshine! So happy to see you, my friend - and your darling Polar friend again! Looks like he's sent you his weather - take good care of yourself!
=]

Bobby said...

I hope he doesn't get cold standing there waiting for his mail, TK. This is such a cute card and the inked background is defintely worthy of a stop at Just Us Girls.

sandie said...

what a cutie and love is sparkle hat! And yes we see the stars in the background. Glad you are all ok and a happy New Year to you xx

Ida said...

So cute and wintry feeling. The touches of sparkle on the snowflakes is really fun.

Rosemary said...

Super fun scene, TK. Our winter weather has certainly been interesting hasn't it?