11.13.2021

The Fondest Memories

Wow!  Has anyone seen my days?  I mean, I can't seem to find them lately -- haha!  Helping Hubbs on a house project on weekends, and of course the cooking and cleaning -- I feel like a superheroe sometimes!  I'm playing hookie tomorrow though to go on a motorcycle ride -- woot woot!  

Ok then, onto the card!  

A "new to me" technique, that I found quite fun, inspired by the challenge at


I used Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Red Barn and Wild Honey DIs.  I'm not sure why but I think my indoor lighting changed the greens to brownish...  While I didn't sufficiently spritz the inks, I didn't want to oversoak my inks either.  The result is a crackled finish in places, and I actually love it.  Maybe I'm just ecstatic that I didn't have a total failure!  Either way, I think this'll go to Hubbs.

Supplies:
   SSS - Autumn Splendor stencil
   TE - Thanksgiving Blessings (sentiment)
   MFT - Wonky Stitched Rectangles


Well I'm off to another load of laundry!  Thanks for the visit, Friends.  I'll be seeing you soon hopefully.

Hugs,
TK

12 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love it! The colors are perfect for the leaves. And the cracked look is beautiful too!

Bonnie said...

Looks like you got the perfect amount of water, TK! A nice crisp print! Love those fall colors!

Viv said...

Great card TK and you got a lovely effect with your monoprint!So glad that you had fun with our challenge and it's lovely to see you in the CAS Mix Up gallery! x

Rosemary said...

Wonderful card for your hubs, TK! Enjoy your ride! Lucky you it probably isn't pouring rain on your side of the state! Western WA is wet, wet, wet!

Mac Mable said...

Such a unique and creative card and you nailed the technique TK. Hope you enjoyed the bike ride and I know exactly what you mean about time x.

Ida said...

Really pretty. Love the stencil. Now I'm going to have to look that technique up.

Bobby said...

Your monoprint looks wonderful, TK. It's hard to judge the spritzing but you got it right.

Christine Alexander said...

love the effect with the elegant stencil ♥

I Card Everyone said...

TK so totally a winning print! I see the green, and every other gorgeous color you used to create this beauty! Watch out, that is such an addictive, fun, technique - you'll be looking at stencils in a whole new light! [love this sentiment, too!]
=]

Mariann Jakobsen said...

So pretty! Love the colors and stencil you've used.
Wish you a joyful week :)

Lisa Elton said...

I haven't tried this technique, but wow you nailed it! Beautifully done, TK!

Loll said...

This is really beautiful TK. I love your monoprint. We do need to see more open (white) space for it to be a CAS design. xx