11.24.2021

Noel Wreath

 Welcome!

Are you done with your cards?  I must say I'm still clicking along, but I don't have far to go at all.  I took inspiration for this one from the photo at Inspired By 196C - Christmas Splendor, and what a glorious photo it is!


This set has never been used, so it will also visit NBUS #32.  It was great to get it out. While this card pales in comparison to the photo at IB196C, I love the card.  A close-up of detail, which shows more of the glitter effect of the DCWV glitter stack ~


And since I had the set out, why not make two cards?!
I did struggle with the Nuvo drops on this one.  In fact, I painstakingly cut the original dots off with a craft knife and re-did them.  I'm not sure why, but they wanted to flatten out A LOT.  After careful surgery, I put two colors of drops back only and happily left the card and my craft room.  What do you suppose happened when I returned?  Yep!  A few flattened dots!  Ugh.  I'm not sure if this card'll get mailed, but here it is in what little glory it has...


Supplies:
   HB - Joy/Noel Wreath
   CB - D'Vine Swirl e/f
   DCWV glitter c/s, Nuva drops in silver & gold, silver tape, and a snippet of candy cane strip dp


 

Before I bid you adieu, I want to mention one thing.  Today is my 6th Blogiversary!  OK I get it, you have been doing this blogging thing a whole lot longer, and a LOT of amazing cards from all of you, but it is something that I did not see myself getting to!  I mean, when I started this blog, Hubbs and I had just been catapulted into a whole new life, and things were a lot different.  We were going through a lot and I started by following several lovely ladies (yes, you know who you are) and commenting for a few months prior.  Then I started my blog on a whim following some gracious comments back some of you.  Shortly following that, I started with one part-time job, then a second part-time job around the first one, and finally my current full-time job, which carries overtime at a drop of a hat.  So, I wanted to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart -- I absolutely LOVE the friends I've made through this blog.  You are all a gem and a blessing to me!

Hugs,
TK








16 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning first card with wonderful texture and layering and a fun and creative idea with the pretty wreath x.
You can post the second card to me TK.....lol, I would be thrilled with the flattened drops as I think this card looks amazing and very festive x.
I cherish our blog friendship and congratulations on your 6th Anniversary TK x.

Cindy Beach said...

TK, I'm so glad that you were encouraged to start your blog. It is surprising to find ourselves doing this sometimes, but it's obvious that you love it. We love seeing your cards! Love these two takes on our challenge. Bright and cheery designs!

Kampin' Karen said...

TK, thanks for visiting my blog today. Happy Blogaversary and happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, I forgot to mention the most important part...I love your NOEL card and totally understand the flattened dots on the JOY. I use Liquid Pearls and have the same problem.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love how the wreath is the "O" in the Noel sentiment. So festive looking too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I also love the JOY one with the wreath insert as the "O".

Claire said...

Two fab cards, my favourite is the Noel.

I've resigned myself to the fact that this year its going to have to be bought cards, shocking eh but work is mad busy... boo hoo! Kudos to you for getting yours done :) x

Cat Craig said...

I love the wreaths in place of the "O"'s. So pretty.

Viv said...

Brilliant makes TK! Happy Blogaversary!

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are so beautiful! I love the wreath in place of the “O”. I thought I had already commented but I don’t see it so I must not have.

I Card Everyone said...

happy leftovers day, TK!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I can't tell you how happy I am to see this lovely in our Inspired By gallery! Your card is drop-dead gorgeous, my friend! Love the sparkle, and that great big beautiful NOEL! and JOY!
I'm so happy to say 'I knew you when' and remember our first phone well!
Cheers to many more blogaversaries to come, my friend! and thanks so much for playing along!
=]

Bonnie said...

Love the noel with that sweet wreath, TK! And I like the joy with wreath too. I think the flatter drops will mail better and the recipient won't know whether you flattened them or if it was the post office! LOL! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I for one am glad you are a blogging friend.

Rosemary said...

Congrats on your blogaversary! So glad that I found my way here. Your cards are lovely despite the wayward Nuvo drops!

Ida said...

Both your cards are nice but that first one is really gorgeous.
Happy Blogversary and I'm so happy to have found your blog and become friends with you.

Danni Reid said...

The Noel card with the warm texture and beautiful wreath is so GORGEOUS, I love everything about it! Thank you for the inspiration @IB this week!

Bobby said...

The wreaths make a great 'O' on both cards, TK. I agree with Bonnie that no one will notice flat berries. I'm so glad you stuck with the blogging and I can't believe it's been 6 years already. Time goes fast when you're having fun making cards. Stay with it, my friend. You're doing well.