11.07.2021

Fall - HB2U

 Hello!

Today's card is one with a really different spin for me.  I had an idea in my head but knew it was way out of my comfort zone but you have to at least try, right?!  It's already zipping its way to the recipient, and hopefully received!  Hope you all like it!  Happy Birthday, Michele ~


I die cut my orange leftover piece with some alpha dies and attached it flat to the woodgrain c/s.  I had the two leaves in my bin of snippets, but  I ink-blended them to stay in the right colors.  I decided to die cut the two leaves into the brown leftover panel making it a negative, popped it up and inlaid the snippet leaves in the panel.  Three snippets used, two more made -- are you keeping count?  Just so you know, the two new ones were placed inside the card -- back to zero!  From a kraft snippet, I cut the acorn and tag, ink-blended on the acorn, then heat embossed the sentiment.  This next photo shows the inlaid dies.


Well that's all for me folks, except the challenges this'll go to Color Hues #29, Pixie's Snippets #415 and NBUS #32 ~




Supplies:
   Alt. - Linear Pathway Alpha (NBUS)
   PTI - Smooth Numbers
   LF - Stitched Leaves
   W+9 - Woodland Basics
   ME - True Friends (selective stamping of sentiment)
   CCC - Bday Wishing (inside sentiment)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
TK

15 comments:

Claire said...

Very clever, the leaves are like an optical illusion. One glance they looked stacked, glance again and they look inlaid. Lovely card for an Autumnal/Fall birthday x

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a wonderful card for your friend. I love all the pretty leaves and the end result of your idea is a beautiful card!

Sarn said...

Super looking autumnal card. Love the acorn made from snippets.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Bonnie said...

Ooh, this is so pretty, TK! Love the inlaid leaves and these colors! So perfect for a Fall birthday! I believe that Michele loves it!

Lindsey said...

A beautifully designed card! A great autumn birthday card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

I think the autumn birthday girl will love this! The inlaid leaves are wonderful and I like the wood grain. Pretty card, TK!

Rosemary said...

wondeful fall design, tk!

I Card Everyone said...

The sweetest snippets I'm so happy to call my own! Thank you so very much, TK! you know how much I love those leaves!
=]

Inkami said...

Lovely, eye catching autumn card. You did a fab job stepping out of your comfort zone!

Nancy said...

I think your idea turned out very well and I can see it was well received! Love the inlaid look and the clever design! Thanks for being with us at Color Hues! Stepping out of our comfort zone is good for us!

Mac Mable said...

Such a wonderful design and the most fabulous Autumnal Birthday card for Michele x.

Bobby said...

The card design is fantastic, TK, and the colors are perfect for a November birthday.

Di said...

Great Autumn card TK - and it's so true about the optical u illusion too.

Hugs

Di xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful Autumn card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Ida said...

Very nice, lots of great texture and shading.