8.01.2021

Warm Hugs, Birthday Wishes

 Hello!  Hope all is well is all of you!

I was able to sneak away to the craft room this weekend and make a few cards, in between doing some work with Hubbs.  This card will go to MFT Wednesday Sketch #552, NBUS #29 and Pixie's Snippets #408.  Here it is, quite CAS ~


I used an NBUS die for the big sentiment and background vellum, then rounded the corners on the smaller sentiment addition, to play off the wavy edge and rounded outline die.  I toyed with, then altered, the dimensions of the sketch and used all snippets of pp from the same pack, for each of the elements, leaving the wavy edge of the green striped paper as it was found!  All pretty basic but I rather like it's bold colors and simple design.

Supplies:
   MFT - Sweet Celebrations pp
   SSS - Warm Hugs die (NBUS)
   Alt. - Birthday Greetings



We are totally socked in with smoke here, you really can't see the sky or much else.  COVID is escalating rapidly, and the heat has come back as well, though not 114*.  I hope you are all staying safe and cool!  Thanks for the visit.

Hugs,
TK

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

A fabulous take on this sketch, TK! Love the colors and especially the polka dots and plaid!

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, TK! I've been seeing your darling cards from the sidelines, and loving them all! This one uses such wonderful patterned papers - I'm always happy to leave that matching to the pros! Darling new die, and I love the vellum shadow... something tells me you knew I would?
=]

Bobby said...

This is a fun combo of colors, TK, and I love that big die.

Lisa Elton said...

Super mix of patterns, this is cute!

Mac Mable said...

Sorry to hear about the covid numbers and your heat TK x.
Your card is so pretty with fabulous colours and those papers are fabulous x.

Claire said...

Cool... I love that sentiment and how you incorpated soft curves and wavy edges x

Darnell said...

QACAS, colorful, and snippity ~ a perfect card recipe, TK! I love it!

I'm sorry to hear you are socked in with smoke and dealing with the heat again. I hope things clear up and cool off for you soon. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

I love this card TK! Using patterned papers as you did brings such a different dimension to the die cut sentiment!

Hugs

Di xx

Rosemary said...

Super fun take on the sketch!

Rosemary said...

Clever take on the sketch! Love that fun oversized sentiment!

sandie said...

Now this is fab, love how CAS it is yet with so much interest with all these patterns and colours, one superb card x

Ida said...

Fun card. Those are some of my favorite colors so this was my cup of tea. Love the use of the vellum. In fact you inspired me to use vellum on my beach themed card.