8.22.2021

Two Cards (and a red face)

 Hello!

I've been quite absent, a lot going on and missing out on a lot too!  I won't go into details but needless to say I was DETERMINED to visit Darnell's final Twofer Challenge and get my final entry in.  Well that's where the red face comes from!  You see, I was so determined that I made the following cards, only to discover the challenge was for Dogs/Cats, not BIRDS!  Doh!  Sorry, Darnell!

So... here's my cards that will NOT be going to Twofer, but they do have a purpose...

Card #1 ~


An Anniversary card for Daughter #1 and SIL -- 10th Anniversary this year -- where oh where did the time go?!  I water colored the stamped/clear embossed birds, insides of the hearts, and background using my Zigs and a water brush.  The sentiment was heat embossed on vellum.


My second card will be entered over at Color Hues #24:  Turquoise and Coral.  Ta Da - I used my CP Inks, thanks, Michele, for the prodding!  The flowers/stems were stamped in the challenge colors, and then I stamped a bird with a DI, so I could do some light water coloring.  I then popped up the bird, and stamped a sentiment, so here's Card #2 ~



Supplies:
   W&W - So Tweet

   Dkrm - Anniversary (sentiment card #1)

   C&9 - You Are Lovely turnabout (florals card #2)
   MFT - Adorable Adventures (sentiment card #2)

Thank you for your visit and your patience as I try to get back to a routine.  I hope to be visiting you all soon, if I haven't made it yet (my in box is really full)!

Hugs,
TK


16 comments:

Claire said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable are the chubby birds, I love those TK. That is the kind of thing I would do, kudos to you for finding the time... I can't even do that lately boohoo. Two sweet cards x

Bonnie said...

This is a fantastic twofer even if there are no dogs or cats, TK! Love the love birds from the first card! A perfect card to celebrate a special anniversary! Your sweet gray bird looks so sweet on the fantastic stamped background! Great way to use these colors!

Bobby said...

I'm so sorry you missed the Twofer challenge, TK, but these two cards are so wondeful. The turnabout is lovely in the Color Hues colors and the lovebirds are adorable with the vellum sentiment strip.

Mac Mable said...

I did have a little chuckle TK and well done you making such a huge effort for Darnell's last challenge.....The 'Birds' are adorable!.....Your daughter's anniversary card is so pretty, romantic and absolutely adorable x. What a glorious colour combination and great stamping on your Miss You card TK. Both cards are fabulous TK and I hope life gets back into a routine very soon for you....Thinking of you x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Well your cards are both wonderful and so sorry you did not get in on the final Twofer. I did not either. I hope you are okay too!

Darnell said...

That's okay, you sweet girl, it's definitely the thought that counts and these are definitely two winning Twofer bird designs! You did a brilliant job with compositions and coloring. I second M on the CP inks. I was able to get rid of all my other drawers of colored ink pads except for TH, but even those I rarely use. Now off you go. Don't worry about visits and comments when you have a lot going on. We'll be here when things settle back into a routine. Take care. Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

What a lovely set of cards, TK! Those little birds are so sweet!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh no TK!! Wait.. I do recall there is a catbird... maybe that counts!! Doesn't matter, these are still top notch and simply delightful.

I Card Everyone said...

Too cute not to share, TK! We've all done it, believe me! I never could get that Twofer thing right!!
LOve your tweet birds!
=]

sandie said...

Wow these are gorgeous cards. I adore the soft wash on the first one. And the second has a lovely colour scheme and super stamping and how funny you used birds and not cats and dogs-kind of thing I would do!! x

Cindy Beach said...

I love the birds, the watercoloring, the gorgeous floral wreath, and most of all the colors! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Karen said...

That bird might be the cutest one I've seen, and he's so wonderful with the soft watercolors! Such a beautiful card; thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Colleen said...

I love your Color Hues cards, I was drawn to it from the gallery right off the bat...fantastic! And I too love CPD Inks!

Hannelie said...

Beautiful use of our challenge colors on this sweet card!
Thanks for playing at Color Hues :)

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply sweet cards, love your adorable birds!

Ida said...

These are so sweet and cute. I like them both but am really drawn to the 2nd card.