5.17.2021

Merry Christmas - Foliage & Berries and a Sketch too!

 Hello!  A quick post from a card I literally squished into my weekend!

I wasn't in desperate need of any particular cards EXCEPT that I've been terribly lacking when it comes to making my Christmas cards.  So I set about to make a card, and found a couple challenges that would work well together.  Here is my make ~



What?!  Why did I cut it?  Well it fit a challenge that way, plus it gave me a perfect spot to perch my die cut bow (an NBUS set)!  In this first photo, you'll see the sketch shown below, and the topic of foliage of berries.  However when I was taking the photo, it dawned on me that those berries would be really pretty all glossied up, so I did after taking the first photo, and here's the close up ~


Wait, what?!?!  Who stole my red berries?  While I was coloring this I used my Zigs and laid down several layers of color to get a good red; but then my glossy accents took it away!  So while it added dimension and shine, I lost my depth...    This will be a lesson learned that I hope remains in my "thought bank" - lol.  As you can see from this last angle, the berries don't match the bow very well.  Either way, this will be added to the stash and sent to  CAS Christmas May 2021:  Foliage and Berries, MFTWednesday Sketch #541, and NBUS #26 ~



Supplies:
  MFT -  Blueprint 27
   MB - Mistletoe Bundle (NBUS, the bow die used here)
   SB - Hemstitch Squares
   AE - Festive Wreath

Well that's all for me, Friends!  I'll be away for a few days with Hubbs, so don't think me rude if I don't visit, but I guarantee I'll be right back as soon as possible.

Hugs,
TK





17 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful effect with the foliage and berries, amazing colouring and love the white embossing. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Anita in France said...

So crisp, fresh and festive, TK ... love the balance of the dark base with the with all that yummy white space and pops of bright colour ... the delicate little ribbon is the perfect finishing touch! Enjoy your trip! Hugs, Anita :)

Claire said...

Very nice, the berries look fabulous all glossed up and honestly TK that is the sort of thing I'd do add liquid to watercolour ink without thinking... we live and learn, maybe! I love the way you adapted the wreath to fit the MFT sketch, brave to chop it in half but it works x

Mac Mable said...

I have done the same TK...taken ages to 'colour' something and then popped the accents on top.....It hasn't appeared to stay in my thought bank...Lol x. The dark cardstock sure shows off the wreath to perfection. Your card is so striking and by using the sketch and cutting it in half has made it unique and creative and I love it! x.
Enjoy your break away x.

I Card Everyone said...

Wait! While this is very pretty for that challenge, TK, you have unlimited chances to make it again, and again! I sure would - that wreath is gorgeous! So pretty heat embossed in white - I do love your Zigs work, and glossy accents, too!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is beautiful! I love how you split the wreath in two that way. And I never even noticed the berries and bow did not match that well. If you had not said anything I would have never known. I like the dimension on them so I think that was a good route to take. And, anyway, all shades of red are in the same family. Have fun when you are away with hubby!

Lisa Elton said...

What a wonderful way to combine those challenges, this is lovely!

Bonnie said...

This is a gorgeous wreath and so perfect for splitting, TK! Thanks for the reminder about the glossy accents. I'd forgotten about that.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful Christmas card, TK! Great take on the sketch!

Loll said...

LOVE your card TK!! What a great design ... the split panel is unique and beautiful. Wonderful watercolouring of your wreath. Love the deep green card base. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Linda said...

Really like the design of your card. So pretty. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Leslie Miller said...

This is really beautiful! I love the cut, and your berries look plenty red to me. Odd how the gloss changed the color.

sandie said...

I love it-love you cut it, makes for a fun design and that bow fits perfectly and all that gloss-yummy xx

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is absolutely stunning!

Ida said...

Very pretty. I like the Hemstitch Die and the pretty glossy berries. I don't think it's too off from the color of the bow at all.

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely wreath and fun design with the cut panel! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

Bobby said...

Sorry about the fading berries, TK. I know that happens and it's too bad. But they still look good glossified and the wreath is wonderful with that hemstitched border, cut down the middle.