5.05.2021

Celebrate Mom

 Hello, Friends!  Sorry I haven't had much time lately, I do hope you'll forgive me.  I've been extra busy at work and mentally taxed when I get home, so not a lot of card making going on.  I did slip away for a bit and made one card, another to come soon hopefully since I don't have to mail it!  

Here's my card for today ~


I used an NBUS die and did a bit of in-laying of the itty bitty pieces.  To make this die work since I wanted it to angle, I actually hooked the outer edges underneath the paper, and the rest of the die overtop, then adjusted the angle until I got it where I wanted it.  Afterward, I used the other part of the die and cut the "swag" in white and layered it 3 times.  I then set about cutting the dark green leaves,  lavender flowers and deep plum centers, and placed them all back into the outline, adhering everything to the base.  Then I added an inner panel of deep plum to make the front whole again.  And a close-up ~


I thought about adding some glossy accents to the "berries" and centers, but Hubbs liked it the way it was and since it was mailed to his Mom, he got to choose to leave it as is.  I also cut the letters with the same lavender, layering it twice, then adhering.  I'll send this over to NBUS #26 and Pixie's Snippets #402, since I used snippets on the white outline, all the lavendar and dark green pieces and small plum dots and centers.

Supplies:
   SSS - Floral Swag die (NBUS)
   SB - a really old alphabet set 

 

Thank you for stopping by, spending some time, and leaving such sweet comments!  I will do the same soon  :o)

Hugs,
TK



12 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is so beautiful! Love the elegance of that die and those colors are so perfecet for any Mom!

Mac Mable said...

I love how you did the pretty row of die cut flowers TK....so creative and the colour combination looks classy and what a beautiful card x.

I Card Everyone said...

TK you must be thinking about card making even while away from your craft room - your cards are getting better and better all the time, my friend! btw your hubs was right, perfect just the way it is - and I'm loving the shades of purple!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

TK that is so gorgeous! What a wonderful die and I love the colors. Any Mom would love it.

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty TK, love the grape/plum colors!

Donna Ellis said...

What a lovely, classy, beautiful creation, TK! I saw it over at NBUS and had to drop by to say "SO PRETTY"! hugs, de

Kate said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the colours and that floral swag is to die for 😉!

Bonnie said...

Such a special Mother's Day card, TK! Love those purple flowers and the beautiful swag shape!

Rosemary said...

Lovely mother's day card, TK!

Diane said...

What a pretty color combination and card design.

Hugs diane

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous card TK! So elegant and also great use of snippets! I can see that this die set would be perfect for so many different cards - so much so that I just accidentally bought it - gulp. Shipping is horrendous but it's a little treat to myself.

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

Oh, WOW, TK, I'll bet your MIL loved her card! You certainly put a lot of time and love and attention into making it. I love the swag, how you painstakingly added the bits, the colors you used, and the finishing texture and dimension of the sediment. If you aren't going to get the chance to make many cards, you certainly are doing your best work when you do get a chance! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell