3.17.2019

Camo'd Birthday with Florals

Howdy everyone!  Is your weather getting better?  I hope so!  I know parts are flooding and we are susceptible to that here too but so far so good!  We actually broke snow records for February (since 1916) and March and we're only halfway through!  I do believe we're through the snow period and heading into Spring now.  Anywho -- let's get onto the card since I know small talk wasn't your goal for stopping by!

I made this card for a neighbor using some NBUS products although the Turnabouts are new to me!  I wanted to use the colors from last week's challenged since I was just enamored by them, so it made it pretty easy to put together.  Also the camoflaged die cut sentiment was a new technique for me to try and I think I had to learn a couple new "tips" along the way.  Here she be...


While you can't really tell by the photo (I actually forgot in my haste and had to ask her to send me a pic), but the color challenge was similar to Teal, Wisteria, Green and Cream.  I stamped on cream cs, and thought I could get a good cream to show darker, but alas I ended up using gold, thus the gold cs backdrop, which peeks through the negatives of the lettering.  Since I missed that Challenge, I will be send it to two different challenges:  SS Monday - Feminine; and  Time Out #131 Hugs, Kisses & Birthday wishes.
     

Supplies - 
SSS Happy Birthday die
C&9th Lovely Blossoms turnabout
MFT Anything but Basic Bday Wishes stamp set

Thanks for swinging by on your busy day!  Stay safe and Craft on!!

Hugs,
TK

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Fabulous card, love colors and designThanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara!

Anita in France said...

Two of my favourite things, TK ... turnabout stamps and camouflaged sentiments ... and you used both beautifully! Love the soft colour combo ... and how the background colour peeks through the openings on the letters ... your neighbour must've been delighted! Thanks so much for playing along with us at our 5th birthday celebration at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

I love it, such pretty colours and fab stamping. And your hidden sentiment worked a treat. Fab to see you at Time Out

Happy Dance said...

Pretty card, TK. I do love those soft colors and the camo effect you've done. The gold looks nice here, too. I'm sure your neighbor is going to love this one. Have a great week. Bev

Darnell said...

You've made a beautiful handmade pp background with your NBUS, TK, which is perfect for a camouflaged HP sediment! Very feminine and just right for springtime!! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Darling card, love that hidden sentiment style.

Bobby said...

The colors work well with that turnabout, TK. I can't believe you haven't done the hidden sentiment before. It looks great.

Lisa Elton said...

This is awesome TK! I like the way you've camouflaged the sentiment!

Chris Dring said...

A simple, elegant design and I love the colors you've picked to use. Fabulous card!

Mac Mable said...

Such a Spring looking card with lovely colours and stamping. Love the hidden die cut sentiment too x.

Lisa Kind said...

I love the TAB stamps and they way you incorporated the camouflage technique! Lovely card! Thanks for joining our Time Out challenge!