9.19.2026

Home Is Where...

 Welcome, Friends!

Today's card marks a "new chapter" for one of our daughter's.  They recently purchased a home of their own and moved in.  While moving can be overwhelming, I'm pretty sure they're loving their new home, also their first home to own.  Lots of firsts still to come, landscaping, decorating, making it just right for them.

While I used the previous colors at Color Hues, and a close layout to Freshly Made Sketches, this will actually not be entered anywhere.  I fell in love with Marcia's colors last week but I just couldn't make the card in time.  As for FMS, you were supposed to only decorate the bottom half, however I just didn't want to cut that much away from the house, I preferred the scene as I saw it.


Stamped, colored with Copics, masked and then ink blending, I added a sweet little sentiment with the congratulations inside.  That's it for me

Supplies:
   JD - Home Sweet Home stamp
   PTI - Reflections:  Hebrew 11 die (NBUS, you'll be seeing the stamp soon)
   WF - Nesting Postage die (freebie, believe it or not)
   Alt - Masonry Wall 3D ef

Welp, I guess I sent this to NBUS #90, since this is the die's first outing and it's die week over at IDEAS Calendar.

 

Have an outstanding weekend!
Hugs,
TK



10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun first house purchase card! Congrats to your daughter and husband that’s a big milestone

Verna Angerhofer said...

A cute and fun scene on this card! A great design to send to the first time homeowners and in lovely colors too!

Bunny said...

A first home is so special. Especially when it's for one of your children. We are actually still in our first home. I don't know how we brought up 3 kids in this little 1400 sq ft house with the washer/dryer in the garage and the a/c unit and the water heater. 5 bikes.....you get the picture. I wish for them a very happy home and much fun decorating and making it their own. [Bunny]

Loll said...

Sweet card to celebrate your daughter buying her first home. So exciting!! Congrats to them! xx

Rosemary said...

What a wonderful card for your daughter, TK! So fun to be a first time homeowner and getting to make all the decisions that go along with it. I think your card will still qualify for the FMS challenge so I would post it there, too. Hugs!

Bobby said...

What an exciting time for your daughter and SIL and how thoughtful of you to make them this sweet card to commemorate the occasion, TK.

Cat Craig said...

Oh what a sweet card, She'll treasure it. Love the soft colors you chose and the focal point being in an arched shape. Fabulous TK!

Marcia Hill said...

How exciting for your daughter TK...I hope they make many, many wonderful memories there!! And your card is just perfect to congratulate them on this BIG investment...it's BEAUTIFUL!! Hugs. :0)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your daughter - a first house is a major step and so exciting. As you said so many firsts still to come, including birthdays, first Christmas in the house, etc. how wonderful. As is your card. The sentiment is perfect and I love the fresh and bright colors you used - perfect for a fresh start. Hugs jaydee

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you left it as it! It would be a shame to cut off any of this delightful house! How exciting for your daughter! I hope they have many, many years of happiness there!