9.10.2026

Back To School

 Welcome, welcome!

Okay, I was a bit late with this card but at least I got it made and it'll be delivered today!  It's a card for my eldest daughter, the teacher -- and, boy, was it fun!

It's a flip card!  Now don't laugh, but it's my first one, and I loved making it!  Now, I did fashion it after a short video on YouTube from Unity, Jessie Scott.
I might be out on a limb, but does this work for FMS #753?  My vertical line might be a stretch but I'm going to try.  If it isn't accepted, I'm okay with that.

Can I just say how much I love that the designer made a front and a back?
First, both images (NBUS) were stamped and colored with Copics (IDEAS Calendar) and cut down with Nesting Square dies (NBUS), thank goodness for that 30% Craft Warehouse coupon!  Yep, it was one item per day for 5 days, and you can bet your bottom dollar I used one a day to get all the shapes they had.  Good choice and timing.  The base was cut and scored, NBUS coordinating papers applied.

On the inside -- I thought this sentiment would work well for a Teacher.  It was applied to another square, then the side was cut to make it look like a tear out notebook sheet.  So fun!  Now I just have to get the coffee giftcard to accompany it, for those not so good days...

  
ETA:  IDEAs Calendar wouldn't allow me to link, saying it had ended...


Supplies:
   UN - Off We Grow stamps, Apple Seeds & ABCs dsp (both NBUS)
   HA - Infinity Nesting dies (NBUS)
   MFT - Notebook edge die

Off to do yardwork for at least a couple of hours -- end of season tasks starting, but also sprucing up for our Annual Campout in two weeks.  I'll have a busy few weeks now - car show cruise this weekend, campout in two weeks, Celebration of Life the following week, then eldest daughter's 40th Birthday the following Saturday, and the next day we're off to Colorado to visit Hubbs' mom for a week!

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs,
TK


15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Its a cute and clever card TK. Love the papers and I too love that the designer provided both back and front stamps!

Ida said...

You did an amazing job on this card. It's really fun and cute.

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card! Love that it shows the front and back of those kiddos! Very cute, TK!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute. Love the “kids”. I bet she loved it!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh TK...I love this sweet image and how beautifully you colored it! And what a fun fold too!! The icing on the cake though is the backside of the kids...LOVE it!! Sweet, sweet card friend and I bet your daughter absolutely loved it! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

What a fabulous card, TK!!! That fun fold was perfect for showing off both sides of those darling kids.

I Card Everyone said...

Did your daughter just love it?? I'm imagining a grin from ear to ear! You sure gave me one!
We'd never say no to such a fantastic card at FMS! Thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us, TK!
=]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great job on the flip card! Looks so cute too!

Bonnie said...

This is so cute and perfect for back to school, TK! I love that you have the backs of the students too! I'm sure at the end of the day your daughter is glad to see the backs of the students! Great paper too! Bless her for teaching! It's such an important job!

Rosemary said...

Oh my goodness, TK! What a super fun card you created for your daughter. I hope she has it proudly on display in her classroom.

donna mikasa said...

I can only imagine how happy your daughter was to receive this FUN card! I love that the fronts and backs of the school kids are shown and that fantastic piece of patterned paper! Thanks for joining this week's FMS!

jaydeestamping said...

TK this is fabulous. I love that the stamp has a front and back and the flip card was the perfect way to showcase it. That bright background paper is perfect, as is the tear sheet for the inside sentiment. I bet she LOVED it! I know I do.
hugs
jaydee

Darnell said...

I think this is adorable, TK, and the fact it is for Teacher Daughter makes it even more adorable! Great design and coloring and pp and so fun that the images are front and back ... those pigtails! I'm sure she loved this and will cherish it forever. (Don't feel bad it is your first flip card ~ I've never made one!)

Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS and for using the I.D.E.A.S. Calendar! Blogger has been messing up with commenting, reading lists, and even linking to odd places when the address is correct. It's a little bit freaking me out if I'm honest. Anyone, thanks for adding the ETA about the notice you got when you tried to link to I.D.E.A.S. If you get a chance, would you try again. I just went to the page and it still shows an active link. (It is set up to be open until February '27.) If you could shoot me an email to let me know if it is still messed up, I'd appreciate it. No hurry ~ sounds like you will have a busy rest of the month. Enjoy! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Adorable card for your daughter's back to work!! :) Love the images with the front and back, perfect for you special fold. And I love the patterned alphabet paper with the bright colours. A really fun card, TK!! xx

Bunny said...

Your daughter will love this. It's so cute. I love the papers and having a front and back image is really fun. Wish there were more of them. Tell your daughter thanks for being a teacher. It's a tough job and you really gotta love it. [Bunny]