2.14.2024

My one and only for my One and Only

 Hello!
Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!

Man, it's been a hot minute since I've posted but...
Today I bring my one and only 2024 Valentine's card for my One and Only - Hubbs!  I'll bet you knew that though, right?   I was inspired by Double D Challenge - Heartfelt, particularly the upper right and lower left.


Here's my entry ~


Do you see my inspiration?  The red and heart from upper right, and the blue (though darker) and stripes from lower left!  Stripes?  Yes - don't those vertical pink stripes remind you of my horizontal heart cuts?  I think so...  I also fashioned the colors after the Triple B challenge (thus the darker blue), but since I don't have a bird, butterfly or bloom, we'll just enjoy the colors, ok?  Here's a peek at their inspiration photo, in case you want to join!


This card came together quick and easy.  I embossed the white base cs, cut a red and a dark blue banner, cut out the heart on the blue layer and popped it up with foam, then layered up my sentiment, swapping out the middle of the "o" with a red heart.  E-Z peasy but I love the masculine appeal on this one.

Supplies:
   Darice - Argyle e/f
   MFT - Elegant Rectangle Stax
   C&9th - Layers of Love
   PTI - Love

That's it for me, Folks, but I do wish each and every one of you have a marvelous day, celebrating someone (I'm even hoping "someones") you love!

Hugs,
TK




9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like the perfect Valentine for the Hubbs, Tk, it's terrific!

I Card Everyone said...

I'll bet your Valentine loved it and also being your one and only! Happy gal-entine's day, my friend!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun, die cut heart. Great card!

Darnell said...

Good to see you, TK! I'll bet Hubbs loved his handsome card of love! I love the cut-line heart, colors and the background texture! Happy ❤ Day! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

A perfectly created Valentine for the 'Mr.", you did better then me, I never got mine done for my hubs, but he made one for me LOL!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful take on that portion of the inspiration photo with your heart design in the patriotic colors! I’m sure your one and only loves it too!

Bobby said...

Wonderful card for your favorite man, TK.

Cat Craig said...

Fantastic man card!

Bonnie said...

Love this Love die and I'm sure your hubbs liked it too! I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day, my friend!