1.28.2024

You're the Coolest!

 Hello and welcome!

I may have slightly come out of my funk, I've actually made a few Christmas cards!  I saw the new challenge over at JUGs #711 - Stencil/Anything Goes, then went in search of a sketch so I wouldn't have to think too hard, and came across Freshly Made Sketches #620, which perfectly fit the bill.

Here's my make ~


I actually had a few ideas of the stenciling portion but once I found my image, all my other choices were done!  I used the snowfall stencil with shimmer paste, and set that aside to dry while I stamped, colored and cut my two little images.  Setting that aside as well, I decided a white panel cut down to show more snow and a circle to represent, well the circle.  Everything came together quickly after that.  

And the show shimmer ~


These challenges end soon so I'll be jetting off to get them entered!



Supplies:
   SSS - Falling Snow stencil
   PF - Stitched Diagonal Rectangle die
   MFT - Cool Day stamps/dies

Well thank you so much for the visit, and sweet comments -- hope to see you around again soon!

Hugs,
TK



14 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That little penguin is adorable with his pile of snowballs! I love the look of the shimmer paste for your stenciled snowflakes. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Kim S said...

This is such a fun and creative use of the sketch!! The background is fabulous with that little guy and his pile of snowballs! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute design and I bet the shimmer really highlights it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute! Love the penguin too. Thanks for joining in at jugs

Loll said...

So cute! Great job combining the two challenges. Christmas cards are always fun to make. :)

I Card Everyone said...

TK, these two challenges came together seamlessly in your wonderful design! Looks like this little penguin is planning his own strategy!
TOO cute!
=]

Ida said...

How adorable is this! - Love that darling little penguin and it really worked great with the sketch. - The shimmer is so pretty.

Lisa Elton said...

Well this is just adorable! I like that you cut the panel with the circle down so the dark blue and snow show around the edges too. It's eye catching! So happy to spot this cutie in our JUGs gallery, TK!

Bobby said...

Stencil paste worked great for your snow, TK, and that little penguin with his pile of snowballs is so cute. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This card is a true darling! I love that gorgeous snowfall background, it makes such a clever way to use the sketch, so effective, so beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at FMS this week.

Cat Craig said...

SO love this one.

Carol said...

Cute little penguin and I love the shimmery snowfall!!! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

I Card Everyone said...

Congrats on your Princess crown, TK!!
=]

Bonnie said...

Oh! How cute, TK! Love everything about this! A perfect way to use a stencil and this sketch! Creative and fun, my friend!