1.28.2024

Cards with Ida

Hello there!
Long time no see -- I've made a couple cards, but I'm really lacking in motivation lately.  I'm not sure what the issue is but we've had a LOT of gray weather here lately, so maybe that's some of it.

The cards I have today are in conjunction with a challenge from Ida, please do go visit her blog too!  Ida lives about an hour from me, and she's literally the only cardmaking friend that I've been blessed to meet!  We decided to gather some images, possibly some papers or other items and then pass them to each other.  We both have made two cards using the supplies given to us by the other, and one card using the supplies that we gathered.  Confusing?  I'll show you...

Ida's kit - Card #1 ~

Ida stamped the above hot-air balloon once, not cut out, and supplied several pp, ribbon tapes and stamped sentiments for me to choose from.  As this all came from Ida, so I don't have any idea about the details of any of the parts...
I merely colored the balloon, cut the papers and attached the sentiment (although, I do believe this was one of my sentiments due to needing a Birthday card)!

Ida's kit - Card #2 ~

My second card utilizes the same image, only die cut out, some of her pp and the yellow ribbon tape.  Don't you just love this sentiment?   While the image, the papers, tape etc were all perfect, I don't believe I did Ida's kit justice, which makes me incredibly sad -- but again it is a challenge!

My kit - Card #3 ~
All of the parts of my kit were gifted to me (thanks, Carol), and I knew they'd be perfect for Ida because she loves flamingoes.  The set is Inner Flamingo (OoB - E Hutson), some unknown dp, and another image of the "jungle plants".  I gifted Ida both sets, dies and papers for her continued use after stamping a few images for myself to make a card.  Here it is ~


While I really struggled to begin with, I'm happy with the end result and the challenge was great!  We look forward to doing it all again, maybe changing up the challenge a bit.  Won't you go see what Ida created?

Thank you for the visit, and hopefully I'll be around soon!  By the way, I do hope to rectify that "meet a cardmaking friend" thing sometime this year!

Hugs,
TK


10 comments:

Ida said...

I couldn't wait to see what you did with the challenge and you did a great job with your cards. I like both of the balloon cards (I like the monochromatic look of the first one.) Would work great for a masculine birthday card. The 2nd one is my favorite though. Love the color scheme and the layout. We both picked the same sentiment to use for our card. - Now for your card kits card, super fun and cute. Your coloring on the plant and flamingo's is wonderful. I'd be happy to receive any one of these cards. Thanks for doing the challenge with me. Can't wait to do another one with you.

MadSnapper said...

I just came here from Ida, she is a long time blog friend. these are beautiful, all of yours and hers are. I love flamingos

Cat Craig said...

Your coloring and composition choices are fabulous.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun challenging each other. Great cards

Ann said...

Came over from Ida's blog to have a look. Had to see what you created for your challenge. I love how two different people can get two totally different looks with the same items.
Love that card in the post above with that cute little penguin.

Loll said...

So fun that you provided kits for each other and made this into a challenge. :) Your balloon cards are so fun and I love the flamingos! xx

I Card Everyone said...

I've long believed two crafty minds are better than one, my friend! So happy that you and Ida put your supplies and hearts together!
Your results are so wonderful, TK - sometimes it's hard to put somebody else's choices together but you did great!
I'm sure this gave you just the LIFT you needed!
I hope that travel plan of yours will keep you going - wink!
=]

Bobby said...

What a fun idea, TK. I'm so glad you got to meet Ida and that you can share supplies once in a while. Your balloon cards are wonderful and I do love that 'lift' sentiment. The flamingos are so cute and I love the big leaves with them.

Bonnie said...

This sounds like a fun idea, TK! Love this big hot air balloon and the second sentiment is perfect! Your flamingos and jungle foliage make a wonderful card! Love that sentiment too!

Leslie Miller said...

It's fun to see your creative makes with the same supplies. I think your cards look amazing! It was nice of you to pay it forward by gifting your gifted flamingo kit to Ida.