3.28.2021

Rejoice!

 Hello!

Today I've made a card for a new-to-me challenge.  While I made an Easter card, it's definitely not in the "colors" I would choose, but I wanted to stretch myself and see what I could come up with.  I'll be sending this to Color Hues #14 - Black & White ~



I used a large stamp and heat embossed using pearl white, added a touch of gold to the stamens then double matted the image in gold, then black -- I really hope that gold is considered "neutral", but if not, I've got another Easter card in in the process.  I stamped the sentiment in black on white cs and die cut it with a label, then placed two more black labels underneath to add to the black.  The image actually shows a light gray for the base, but it is truly white on white -- maybe due to indoor lighting.


Supplies:
   W+9 - He Is Risen
   PF - Diagonal Stitched Rectangle
   SB - Label 4 (thanks again, Verna)

Well, the time is ticking on the challenge countdown, so I better go.  Thanks for the visit, my appreciation is boundless for your visits and support!

Hugs,
TK


10 comments:

Anita in France said...

Elegant and stylish, TK ... fabulous background with the touches of gold ... love how you made that wonderful sentiment really stand out with the chic, popped up label! Hugs, Anita :)

Claire said...

Beautiful TK, love the simple design... its classy and elegant, nicely done x

I Card Everyone said...

This gorgeous number just knocked all my other TK favorites off the list, TK!! Absolutely gorgeous - and yes, gold is considered a neutral there at CH I believe! Beautifully done, my friend!
=]

Nancy said...

TK, So happy you found our challenge! I love that you thought outside the box with this Easter card! It is so elegant looking! The pop of gold really works well! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues and we hope to see you again soon!

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, TK! Love the soft pearl background and the gold trim! A beautiful background stamp and sentiment!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design and a wonderful sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

What a striking card, TK and so elegant!

Cindy Beach said...

The gold is definitely a neutral and it dresses up these colors beautifully! The pearl embossing adds elegance and I love the classic lines of the label too. We would love to have you play again with us at Color Hues!

Mac Mable said...

Such an elegant and classy card and love the tonal effect TK x.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful Easter card, TK! Love the white/black/touch of gold color palette!