6.23.2019

What's All The Buzz/

Sliding in with a quick post so I can send my cards over to Darnell's Twofer Challenge!  Nothing like "just in the nick of time"!

So I looked and looked, and for bees?  This is it folks!  Ive gott nothing else besides one in a bear set with a bee the size of a pencil-top eraser!  So then I set out on how to use it and this is what I came up with!

     

This first one I left blank inside and it can be used for just about anything, a congrats for promotion or good news, is what I had in mind.  I used my Peachy Keen Bee for both cards but typed up my own sentiment for this one, since I couldn't find anything sufficient.   I made the background by stamping the bee in b&w, then popped up one stamped on yellow and added a matching sentiment strip by MFT.  A little glossy accents makes the wings and "helmet" look darker but I couldn't get a good reflective photo.


My second card used the same bee, but this one is more focused on sentimental support.  I recently saw Hannelie do some stripes or base design by cutting strips or even tiny squares, so I was inspired by her. I heat embossed the sentiment and popped up the little bee, after he was perfectly glossed.
This card will also go to Case This Sketch #327, the sketch is tipped over on it's side but it's there!

ETA:  Forgot my double photo in my haste, please forgive me...


     


Thanks for stopping in and sharing a moment with me!

Hugs,
TK



19 comments:

Darnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa Elton said...

He might be little, but he's mighty cute! These are darling TK!

I Card Everyone said...

Not only doubly fun, but I'm thrilled to have you playing cards with us at CTS, TK!!! That little darling is all a girl needs... love her expression! Totally the Bee's Knee's times two! xx
=]

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...two simply adorable cards, love your fabulous bees!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your bee cards are both awesome. I love how you used it for the background and then spotlighted one in color. And, the second one with that black and yellow background looks amazing too.

Cat Craig said...

Love your twofers TK, and nice use of the sketch!

Darnell said...

Thank you, TK! Glad there was still time! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

Thank you, TK, for showing us that we can make entire adorable designs out of one of those "extra" stamps included in sets sometimes! He's a cutie bee and he looks so happy to be the star yellow bee in the crowd of b/w bees buzzing around! And I love him popped up and glossified in front of that black and yellow file folder card design! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

That's such a sweet bee on your twofer, TK! The random black and white stamped background really allows the glossed up little bee to shine (literally!)! Those bold bee stripes on your second card are a brilliant idea ... that cute bee looks as though he's in his element against them! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

Two adorable bee cards TK! Love how the background of your first card is just the outline of the bee image. Then having the one coloured brightly really makes a statement. The second one is so fun with the caution sign and "don't worry" sentiment. I now have that song stuck in my head! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

Leslie Miller said...

Your bee makes the cutest background, and what a perfect way to do a quick card. You've got all the color you need right there and it's so adorable! I'm looking at your stripes on the "don't worry" card and thinking how a person could have so many different colors and patterns right there in the scrap drawer. It's perfect! Thanks so much for joining us just in time at Twofer!

Rosemary said...

Your little bee sure helped you create a super fun set of cards, TK!

Mac Mable said...

Such fabulous and creative cards and from one little bee, which is so adorable. Great designs and super cute x

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your site
and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed
account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

Anonymous said...

I am really loving the theme/design of your web site.
Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems?

A handful of my blog readers have complained about my website not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari.

Do you have any recommendations to help fix this problem?

Anonymous said...

Hello mates, its wonderful piece of writing regarding educationand completely defined, keep it up
all the time.

Anonymous said...

What's up to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from
this web page, and your views are fastidious for new users.

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm realⅼy enjoying thе template/theme of this
website. It's simple, yet effective. А lot օf tіmеѕ it's difficult tⲟ get that
"perfect balance" betᴡeen superb usability аnd visual appearance.
І must saay you've done a superb job with this. Additionally, the blog loads super quick fߋr
me on Firefox. Exceptional Blog!

Anonymous said...

It's perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is
time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could
I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions.

Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
I wish to read more things about it!