1.01.2019

Celebrating Mariposas - TO #125

Popping in to post another card that works perfectly with Time Out #125 -- challenge words of  Celebrate! Family! Friends! and Life!  My card is a Birthday card, with that "celebrate" wording right on the front!

This card came together with a die cut of mariposas (butterflies), some left as negatives and replaced above some alternate butterflies cut from vellum.  The front panel was popped up, with a strip of glittery silvery cs below and a couple of vellum butterflies set back in.  Off to the side is a butterfly backed by solid velum and the die cut purple cs set on top.



I really liked this card IRL, but I did suffer with the white pigment ink for the sentiment.  It seemed that my pigment kept absorbing into the cs and disappearing.  Any suggestions?  I did use a little white Signa pen to accentuate the sentiment but I'm not really sure that helped!  Here's a close-up that might show the layers a bit better...


Well off to get this posted, then sent over to the challenge!  Thanks for stopping by!


Hugs,
TK

9 comments:

Anita in France said...

Those delicate butterflies set into the bold background are gorgeous, TK ... and the touch of shimmeriness is delicious! I always have an issue with white pigment ink not showing up well ... and usually end up white embossing it to make it stand out. Your sentiment here, though, pops wonderfully! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

Lovely butterflies and I like the positioning of the die cuts.

Rosemary said...

perfect card for the challenge, tk! love those butterflies!

Viv said...

White pigment ink always seems to disappear when used on dark card TK. I usually either chuck some white embossing powder over it or some clear - although the white works better!
Loving these butterflies. Happy New Year. x

Happy Dance said...

Beautiful butterflies, TK. The deep, rich purples and the shimmery silvers work so well together. Really, really lovely. As to the pigment white... I couldn't find one that worked to my satisfaction, so now I just white emboss instead. Fewer naughty words come out of my mouth that way too, lol!! Bev

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card and those butterflies are fabulous. Wonderful layout and the deep purple looks great x. I have never stamped with white pigment ink but maybe waiting for it to dry and using the trusty Misti to over stamp might help? x.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your fancy butterflies and the deep plum color, this is just lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hi I am so happy I found your site, I really found you by mistake,
while I was looking on Google for something else, Anyhow I am here now and
would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round
interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to go through it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also
added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot
more, Please do keep up the great job.

Jill V said...

Very pretty butterflies and I love how you left their wings lifted to add some dimension. I think your sentiment looks wonderful in the soft white (I find the same thing with white pigment ink). Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill