6.01.2024

Thinking of You Everyday

Hello again, long time no see!

My craft time has been scarce, a family matters have kept me pretty busy and it isn't over yet!  However, I was able to sneak away and make a card, ala Heather of House Built of Cards.   I needed a card for friend, who underwent unexpected surgery, and hopefully this will help during her time of recovery ~


I used a bit different colors, and while I like it, I do prefer Heather's colors a bit more.  While the flowers were a soft pink, she used a light lavender (gray undertones) to provide the shading without changing the flower colors.  While my colors provided shading, you really can see the lavender.  Another change up was that I added some flowers flat to the base, others with a thin foam, and the middle bunch with a thicker foam.  My golden leaves were tucked here and there.  Here's a close-up to show a bit more of the gold shimmer and shine ~


Boy!  I'm not sure I enjoy this view... 
while you can see more shine, my flowers look totally smudgy!!!
My card base appears pink but it is actually PTI Lavendar Moon so it has a pinkish lavender to it, which totally works!  Since these are new products, I'll enter this over at NBUS #63NBUS #63.

Supplies:
   PFS - Sakura stamp, die & stencils; Leafy Branch die; Stitched Rectangle die


Thank you for the visit and have a beautiful Sunday!

Hugs,
TK




9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

I am sure your lovley layered and textured card will lift spirits.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the soft colors!

Loll said...

So pretty with the soft colours, TK. LOVE how you've layered the flowers to create a lot of depth. xx

I Card Everyone said...

Lovely flowers that will never wilt, TK - I'm sure your friend will appreciate that you are thinking of her!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

I think your colors look absolutely beautiful TK...sooooo soft and delicate looking! And the sentiment really says it all and I'm sure your friend is going to absolutely LOVE it!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

You are too hard on yourself, TK. I love the variation of colors on the flowers and how you put them at different levels. Your friend will love it and your thoughtfulness.

Bonnie said...

The gold foil confuses the camera every time! I love your mix of pink and lavender and the dimension! An awesome card and I'm sure it will be appreciated!

Lisa Elton said...

So sweet of your to make this lovely card for your friend! She's sure to appreciate this TK!

Ida said...

Super elegant and oh so pretty.