5.18.2024

A Sketch & A Mood

Hello, Friends!

Today I come with a bit of an unexpected card.  My 92-year-old uncle flew into town, and it happens to be his Birthday today.  Needless to say, a quick card had to be done -- I say quick, but no card comes quickly when I'm at the helm!  I started with the sketch at FMS#636 and the moodboard at JUGs#727, then ventured from there.


I spun the sketch 45 degrees and used a diamond to cut the background piece and stamped piece.  The background is an old shaving foam background that's been in my bits box for years.  It was perfect to bring in the colors I wanted to use.  From there I used an NBUS stamp set, copic colored then a hot foiled sentiment.

This view'll show a bit of that foil shine ~


And because I used a new stamp, I think this'll head over to NBUS #62 too.





Supplies:
   EH (oob) - Seaside & dies
   PFS - Fancy Script Words & dies

Other than a family visit this weekend, it's been a quiet one.  I'm saving up energy for next week, although there might be a motorcycle ride in my future (tomorrow - ha)!  Have a great remainder of your weekend.

Hugs,
TK




13 comments:

Bobby said...

What a terrific way to combine challenges, TK. I think I may have a couple of those shaving cream backgrounds somewhere. They gave a great watery look to your card and I love your little lighthouse. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Marcia Hill said...

I think I have some shaving cream panels in my bits box too TK...you sure made great use of yours! Wonderful card and I bet your uncle loved it! Hugs. :0)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is wonderful and all the elements work perfectly together! Great job and I’m sure he was pleased too!

Carol said...

Fabulous card! The layout, the stamped NBUS image and how you colored it, the gorgeous foiled sentiment...that marbled paper. I love this! Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls!

Loll said...

LOVE this card ... and bet your uncle did too! :) It's really beautiful. That shaving foam panel was perfect for this card. I love how you've paired it with the deep turquoise. Beautifully coloured image image. Great work, TK! xx

Lisa Elton said...

I remember making shaving cream backgrounds! Yours work perfectly with your lighthouse, TK. This is a terrific card for your uncle. Happy birthday to him!

Bonnie said...

This doesn't look like it was a hurry up job! I'm sure your uncle was delighted with it and it's a perfect fit for all those challenges!

Amy O said...

I love this! And I love how you tilted the sketch and used a diamond. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Such a great use of the sketch. Love how you used the texture on that shaving cream piece. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a cleer use of the sketch! I love how you tilted the frame elements to turn it into a diamond shape.

Cat Craig said...

Love this design, such a fab card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the sketch I like the diamond shape makes it a very unique looking card

Ida said...

This is really nice. I like the layout and the color scheme. Beach themed cards are also a favorite of mine. This brings back lots of memories the lighthouses on the OR coast with my parents.