6.02.2024

Friends & Strength

 Hello!

I have a couple cards to share today, I know, a rarity these days.  These cards started from a recent PFS Craft Along.  While I was late getting to the event, I was also quickly pulled away again due to family matters.  The first card was made CASEing Lea Lawson and her event creation ~


Love, love, love this stenciling and colors for the background!  I'm second-guessing the use of ivory glitter cs on a white cardbase, but Hubbs says it works due to the colors, white cs and white border on the die cuts.  Here's a close-up to hopefully catch a bit of shimmer from the glitter frame and foiled flowers!


Nope!  No shimmer or shine there!  A bit of overcast skies...

Then there were leftover flowers, so the second card became a reality, especially since I needed a Sympathy card due to another family member passing ~


Another glimpse with shine ~


Supplies:
   (1) PFS Sakura stamps, dies & stencils; Fancy Oval Frame; Simple Plaid stencil (NBUS); Stitched Rectangle die; Ivory glitter cs; Blush glitter drops; and green vellum
   (2) PFS Sakura washi & dies; Notched Corner Frame die; gold glitter cs; clear Iridescent drops; and white vellum; and Splb -  A Little Message pp 


Thank you for the visit, and I hope everything will be back to normal (whatever that is) soon!

Hugs,
TK

11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

TK your cards are lovely. I am enchanted with the lovely frame and collage feel of the first card. So sorry you are needing a sympathy card. Sending prayers and comfort as you sort through your family matters.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the stenciled background and especially with the soft pastel colors! Gorgeous shine and die cut frame over which you placed the flowers. The second card is equally beautiful! Again lovely flowers and great background!

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful TK...PFS has such a way with their flowers and you made them even prettier with your lovely frames! I don't know what "normal" is anymore either, but sure hope it comes back soon for you!! Hang in there!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Beautiful cards TK! The colours are gorgeous with those pretty florals. LOVE the beautiful and glittery frame you've added with stenciling in the background. Perfection, my friend. So sorry for your loss. Sending love and hugs. Love, Loll

I Card Everyone said...

Cards like yours are a blessing, TK! You know by now that pink and orange are a favorite of mine, right? PERFECT for your pretty plaid! Sure to be appreciated.
So sorry for your loss, my friend.
=]

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love the plaid background, TK! And those Washi flowers are beautiful with it! Whether that frame shows it's sparkle or not, it's gorgeous! Love the second card too! A great use of leftovers that doesn't look like it came from leftovers at all!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, TK. Your cards are both beautiful. Sending a big hug your way.

Darnell said...

I'm sorry things are rocky and that you've lost another family member, TK.🫂 Know that your sympathy card will bring comfort and some lucky friend will feel very special when they get your friendship card. Both of your designs are beautiful! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

(p.s. Thanks for the suggestion about the trumpet vine! When it cools off and we go by it again, I'm going to try and get a better zoom photo. It's in their backyard so I can't get close.)

Bobby said...

You had me at plaid on the first card, TK. It is such a soft, lovely color to show off the frame and flowers. So sorry about the loss of a family member but I'm sure they will appreciate your love and thoughtfulness with the beautiful layered card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So very pretty! I love the off white too. Beautiful cards 😊

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Your cards are so beautiful!
I love them!