Hello!
I'm popping in with another card, trying to get it posted and make the Freshly Made Sketches #748 by Verena. I'll admit that while I love this sketch, it had me stumped. That was until I actually decided to use a die that has been languishing on my desk, and now was the time. Using this die allows me to also play at Just Us Girls #835 - Die week and NBUS #89.
This will be going my Great Uncle, as my Great Aunt (100!) just passed. She had a great long-lasting marriage, a loving family, plus she loved the Lord - there's nothing better than that!
A new-to-me embossing folder that I inked before pressing; a new-to-me Snowdrops die that I've been wanting to use forever, inked for dimension,; a new "showcase" die (conveniently snipped into another shape) and a foiled sentiment, using opaque black so it wouldn't be too stark.
It was popped up with a little foam, allowing dimension (like the gals at Group of Seven Cardmakers - not a challenge). It would also fit into Darnell's IDEAs Calendar (non-challenge, though technically I'm a few hours early, due to making it into the FMS gallery), but you will be reading this on Monday!
Supplies:
Alt - Masonry Wall 3D e/f (NBUS)
PB - Creative Curves (NBUS)
PTI - In the Bloom: Snowdrop (NBUS)
Splb - You Are Everything pp
Hugs,
TK



14 comments:
What a beautiful sympathy card, TK! I'm loving that background with the subtle inking and those snowdrops are so pretty! So much dimension and texture on this card. I'm sorry for your loss and glad she was such a blessing in her life.
Fun use of graphic and florals! Thanks for sharing at JUGS
Beautiful sympathy card design!
I love that snowdrop die and it makes a lovely sympathy card, TK. The inked wall and fun curved grate add wonderful dimension and interest. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.
I'm so sorry for your loss, TK. This is a lovely way to send your love and sympathies to your great uncle. 100 years.. God bless her!!
God bless them both, TK! Wow 100! This means they might have been married for around 80 Years?? A life that is surely worthy of this gorgeous card - I think your uncle will cherish it!
We might have to plan another 'inky ef' day soon - this selective inking has me intrigued!
=]
A really beautiful sympathy card TK. The snowdrops are gorgeous and I love the embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls challenge. Hugs, Denise x
What a beautiful card TK...I love those snowdrops! I'm sorry you had to make a sympathy card, but your uncle will surely appreciate that you took the time to create for him! Lovely, lovely card my friend! P.S. Thank you so much for the packet of stamped snowmen and Christmas tags I received today...I will send a proper thank you soon, but just wanted to let you know I received them and am so appreciative...thank you, thank you!! Hugs. :0)
So sorry for your loss, TK. The card is lovely and serene just perfect for the occasion.
This is a beautiful sympathy card. Those snowdrops are perfect! Sounds like your great aunt lived a long and wonderful life. My sympathies to you and your family. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
Beautiful card, like that background and the lovely die cut flowers!
Sorry for the loss of your great Aunt. Wow 100 is a good long life for sure. - Your card is just as lovely as can be.
Lovely and unique take on the sketch, TK! The snowdrops are so pretty.
Wonderful sympathy card, TK. Snowdrops are so serene. 100 years! What an amazing life she must have had and how much she must have seen. How blessed she was to have lived so long surrounded by people who loved her.
Hugs
Jaydee
Post a Comment