8.06.2026

Masculine For You

Welcome!

Today's post comes from the heart, as all our cards do, but without any challenges.  Well, at least I'm unaware of any due to this being written nearly 2 weeks prior to post!  If I find any when the time comes, I'll be sure to update it... well hopefully.

A card for my dad, turning 89 this year!

Strictly masculine, straight cuts with a bit of embossing and hot foiling.  Hindsight, I wish I would've left the top blue horizontal stripe plain and embossed the top diamond.  As it is, I did such a great job (haha!) of lining up the two layers, that it almost looks like one.  The colors -- kraft, darker blue than it appears, and a lucious flecked cream (from Jaydee, left over packaging that I absolutely could NOT waste).  Due to the muted but masculine color palette, I didn't want gold foiling to look yellow, so I opted to use a satin gold for the embossing.
Simple but effective, eh?
(Yep, I can go there, Dad's from Canada)

I found a similar card on Pinterest, but I could not track down the original, except that it's for sale on Etsy for nearly $8!  Unfortunately, no credit will be given.

Supplies:
   Darice - Argyle e/f (so old, look at this card!)
   Splb - More Sentiments gp
   MFT - BP 27 (my tried and true sentiment cutter!)


Hugs,
TK


No comments: