Welcome, Friends!
My family has been going through a lot lately, but today is no ordinary day, so let's celebrate it like we mean it!
Today's card is for the illustrious Darnell, and we all know that means it's no ordinary day. What's better than celebrating someone else, so we can push all the ordinary (life) to the background, and have some fun?!
Ok, first of all, I used the beautiful Color Hues challenge colors (gray is a shade of black), but not in time to get it into the gallery -- I'm perfectly ok with that! The NBUS sentiment & images were stamped, colored with Copics, detailed with a fine liner, plus black and gold shimmer added to the center of each flower. Everything was cut and then the design decisions... I found that Penny Black's challenge is to optionally use patterned paper - check; then I decided I wanted more yellow so I used a scrap of yellow (perfect size I might add), and rounded the lower corners to mimic the bottom swag. A couple silver pearls were added for pizzazz.
I love this card! (are those polka dots magic?)
So there it is, Happy Birthday, Darnell, and many more unordinary/extraordinary Birthdays ahead! And I hope it brought you that smile...
Supplies:
PB - Floral Smile stamps/dies
MFT - Dots & Stripes pp
Hugs, Everyone, and have an Unordinary/Extraordinary Day!
TK



16 comments:
I bet she will love this card! Very pretty.
That card is beautiful and bright. Great looking flowers and they are placed perfectly over the bottom yellow die cut!
So lovely, I like the yellow and gray together and the flowers frame your sweet sentiment so nicely!
Ooh, I LOVE these bright yellow flowers and that fantastic sentiment as well as the polka-dots, TK! What a wonderful way to celebrate Darnell!
Well, polka dots, bright yellow flowers and hot foiling. What’s not to love about this gorgeous card? A beautiful card to celebrate Darnell’s birthday! Have a wonderful 4th
Hugs jaydee
What a special way to celebrate Darnell's birthday with this beautiful "unordinary" card. Love the bright yellow flowers. I know she will love the card.
Well bummer about not getting this card into the Color Hues gallery on time, but what a fabulous card it is TK, and I'm sure it totally brought a smile to Darnell's face! It did mine!! I love the sentiment and of course those polka dots clinched it for me too! Wonderful card my friend!! Hugs. :0)
What a pretty way to celebrate a special lady! This is fabulous as are those polka dots!
A fabulous card for a fabulous gal. yes polka dots are absolute magic.
Super pretty card. Love the colors and the pearls were a nice touch to finish it off.
The wreath of flowers on the polka dots makes a great card for any occasion, TK, but it has the honor of celebrating with Darnell and that is no ordinary fete.
So very pretty, TK! I know Darnell loved it.
Beautiful card - the yellow flowers are so cheerful!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x
Beautiful card to celebrate the birthday of a beautiful person!! Great work TK! xx
Golly gee, TK, you are too kind and then I read the comments (which I rarely do!) and now I'm all flitterpatted! Thank you so much for this really beautiful card with such lovely elements and overall design! It certainly had me smiling from the moment I pulled it from the envelope! I appreciate you and thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
This is really pretty. I love the sentiment especially. [Bunny]
Post a Comment