7.30.2026

Daisies for the Wishes

 Welcome, Friends!

Anybody out there scorching as much as me?  Ha!  A hundred degree temps and plenty of wildfire smoke throughout WA, OR and ID have us wishing for Fall!  I pray that anyone else in the same situation has air-conditioned comfort and breathing relief, along with safety soon.

One would think that today's card came together pretty quickly, but that isn't how my brain works!  Quite a few indecisions along the way make these take way longer than the ordinary person, but I just do what I'm told...

Stamped and colored with a light Copic gray for the center and depth on the "folds", plus Wink of Stella for shine, then masked so I could ink blend the rest of the panel.  It was then cut with an old large rotary cutter that came with an additional scoring wheel and a wavy wheel, which was used.  A secondary, complimentary panel was added and everything placed on a square 5.5" card.  Hindsight, I was given the thought that if I had made this 4.25" square I could mail it in a standard envelope - doh!  Lesson learned, but it is winging it's way to the Birthday girl now.

My close-up was supposed to show the glimmer in the center but it did not...  This is much prettier IRL.

An NBUS stamp (sorry, this had to stay hidden until after your early close), a sketch (sorry, another one missed) and so I came up with sending this to Darnell's IDEAs calendar for Anything Goes and Triple B for the patriotic colors and blooms.
 
 

Supplies:
   UN - Daisy, Defined stamp (NBUS)
Thanks for the visit!  I hope your day is amazing.

Hugs,
TK


14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your angled panels and the sweet daisies! Cute card, TK!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovin the white flowers! Wonderful card

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the pretty white daisies and the beautiful layout of your card design! You did an amazing job creating it!

Bonnie said...

Such pretty daisies, TK! Love the sparkly center. Maybe cut it down to 5" and it can go in a 5 x 7 envelope?

Marcia Hill said...

Such sweet daisies TK and a wonderful birthday card! Mom's in the hospital again so short comments, but lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

Darlene said...

Beautifully done TK!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B Challenge Co-Owner

Bobby said...

And the birthday girl loves it, TK! You know daisies are my favorite and the shimmer in the centers makes them extra special. Sorry for the extra postage but I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Rosemary said...

Those daisies are so pretty! Wonderful card, TK.

I Card Everyone said...

We all have the same daisy-loving gal in mind, TK! It is a beautiful image, and I love the wavy edge!
=]

Ida said...

Wonderful card. Love the use of red, white and blue for a non-patriotic card.

Cat Craig said...

Its a lovely card TK. Sometimes the simple ones are the most time consuming

Donna said...

Beautiful card, like how you used Copic gray for depth on the folds, nice contrast with the ping and blue.

Loll said...

Lovely card TK. Especially love the layering of the colours that make your main panel pop. Great card! xx

jaydeestamping said...

TK, I was thinking about you and the smoke! Especially with the high temps. It's currently more like OR here in MN. It's cold and rainy, and I'm grateful to be out of the 100+ temps we had. As for your card, I love the color choices and those gorgeous daisies. I bet they are fabulously sparkly IRL. The wavy edge works with the shape of the petals really well. As for doing as you are told... well, it worked out really well :-)
Have a fabulous weekend
hugs
jaydee