7.11.2026

Aging Is Weird!

Welcome!

Today I have a card for our friend/neighbor's Birthday!  It's one of those milestone Birthdays, yet they are weird, aren't they?  I mean, don't get me started but all the energy is diminished while all the chores have multiplied over the years.  Am I right?

While I took a design help from Gaylynn Martling, I CASEd it and made it my own -- I just thought she created a wonderful, masculine card.


I offset my bird panel and made banners of varying widths/lengths but left the image uncolored.  I can say that I don't believe I've ever left an image uncolored.  I do like letting the masculine papers do the talking.  And now as an after-thought, it might also be fun to do minimal coloring, just to give it depth, maybe I'll try that another day.

This'll be heading to NBUS #88


Supplies:
   UN - Lil Weirdo, Thinkin Out Loud (both NBUS)
   MB - Woodsy Plaid pp

Well thank you for the visit!  I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Hugs,
TK





 

10 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That’s a fun birthday card and a wonderful masculine design! I like that the focal image has been left uncolored.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous image and a great man card.

Bobby said...

That face will bring a smile, TK, and the design is fabulous with the masculine patterned papers.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Isn’t he fun! Great card

jaydeestamping said...

Perfect! Definitely weird. I still want to dance in the rain and jump in puddles, but I think if I did the neighbors would call 911.. it's weird feeling like a young girl knowing that if you tried to jump in the puddle you'd probably fall and break your hip! Weirdness aside - your card is fabulous. That ostrich is everything, and I love that you made flags for the side of the card. Genius idea!
hugs
jaydee

Bonnie said...

This dude doesn't need coloring, TK! His expression and that speech bubble say it all! I love the plaid banners! What a great idea!

Rosemary said...

What a fun card for your neighbor/friend, TK! That bird will make anyone smile. And yes, getting old is weird, lol!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, that bird!! Bet your neighbor loved this one TK, it's filled with fun!!

Loll said...

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the bird. :) What a fun card, TK! Love your design! xx

Jeanne H said...

Just a terrifically fun card. Love it and it made me laugh too. Guys and kids would love this card.