12.25.2017

Merry Christmas! ...Last Minute Drop-Ins

I had a little bit of time and so I made a couple last minute cards.  Hubbs is sick, so staying in and resting hoping for enough healing before tomorrow!  These two cards, one will start off my stash for next year -- yay!  Maybe I can be timely next year  :o)

The first one is made with a new NBUS die, and I couldn't wait to use it.  I was so happy when I received it to find out that it not only cuts but embosses too!  Zoom in a bit and you can see how beautiful it made those leaves!


I was hoping that the stamping off to the left would give an impression of not only "trellis" but of a holiday trellis -- see those cute little stars!  Again, I love those embossed leaves...

This next one was also a new purchase, NBUS.  I had seen many others use it on cards, and I fell in love.  Not sure if it's the mix of fonts, paintability, matching dies or what it was but I really wanted to make a card this year with it!  Shhh this one's for Hubbs....

Well thank you for stopping by, saying hello and giving me a moment of your already busy day!  Blessings to all of you...

Hugs,
TK

14 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Both cards are wonderful TK. Hoping your hubbs feels better soon, and wishing you both a Merry Christmas.

Mac Mable said...

Hope DH is feeling better? Well done on starting on your cards for next year. The poinsettia die with the embossing looks great and love the trellising too. Great font on the second card and such a clean and gorgeous card x

Kim Heggins said...

Two beautiful cards...sending well wishes to your hubby!

Bobby said...

That poinsettia is beautiful with all the embossing on the petals, TK. I love the coloring on the other card and the flowers in the corners.

Lisa Elton said...

These are lovely cards TK, so festive and elegant too! Hope your hubby feels better soon. Mine is down with the icky sickies too :(

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards, tk!! love that poinsettia on the first one... so pretty!!!

Anita in France said...

Yummy texture on your trellis adorning poinsettia, TK ... and I love the colouring on the Merry & Bright card ... so deliciously Christmassy! Do hope DH is feeling much better by now! Hugs, Anita :)

Thrifty Campers said...

I feel that homemade cards are so much more sentimental than buying them. These are so creative and pretty!

TK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sandie said...

Wonderful cards, love how you layered up the first cards, gorgeous colours x

Darnell said...

Sorry I'm so late seeing these, TK! They are superb and now you have enabled me to want the same dies!! Well done getting a start on 2018 and I hope your Hubbs is all well by now!! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

Your cards are so beautiful! I can see why you fell in love with those embossed leaves and that gorgeous multi-font sentiment.

Susanne Vargas said...

Happy New Year, TK! Hope it started well for you and that you DH is well again. Your embossed poinsettia looks fabulous in front of that gorgeous trellis, and I am sure your hubby loved his awesome card!

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments....missing your creations? x