10.19.2016

CAS Mix Up - October

Well, well, I finally made it again!  I've really been wanting to try this "new to me" ghosting technique, and I found a little inspiration (ok, a LOT) in Loll's card, below...

It's a beauty, right!?!  She is just soooo amazing!!!  I needed to stock up on a few "encouragement" type cards, because I had donated a bunch , so I made this...


I made this baby to send over to CAS Mix Up, and super excited because I thought I could also enter the new "sister" challenge CAS Watercolour, but alas I learned that it had a theme of Autumn.  Anywhooo I started with a Bristol panel, and watercolored with Brushos.  BTW I think I'm in love with this color! Then I went back and did the new-to-me ghosting technique with a stencil and water, and let that dry.  I die cut a couple flowers, layered by 3, and stamped a little sentiment.  This was quite fun!


Products -
   Paper:  Bristol smooth, PTI Limeade Ice
   Brushos:  Sea Green
   Stencil:  SSS Gingham
   Die;  Essentials by Ellen Wild Garden
   Ink:  PTI Enchanted Evening, Limeade Ice

Well, thanks for stopping by! Hopefully I'll get to posting a couple more, plus visiting everyone else!  Have a great day!

Hugs,
TK

12 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE the colour TK. Don't have Sea Green, but will add to my wish list. :) Great card. Love the subtle ghosting, and your beautiful layered bloom. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

I Card Everyone said...

TK you're a master at this!! Wonderful colors, and gorgeous design! xx
=]

Bobby said...

I'm glad it was fun and it turned out beautifully, TK. I just got some Brushos and am eager to make something with them.

sandie said...

I adore the background of brushos, great colour. Haven't tried thus ghosting yet, must look it up x

Bonnie said...

I love this color of Brusho, TK! What a beautiful background and it's so pretty with the die cut flowers! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply beautiful cards....love the wonderful background you created, stunning!

Lisa Elton said...

These are both wonderful, love the fresh greens!!

nancy littrell said...

Thank you TK for sharing your beautiful ghosted background and die cut with us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

Cat Craig said...

Great colors. Cool technique

Darnell said...

I agree with your sentiments about the famous and fabulous, Lolly, TK! And I gotta say, you did her proud with your own sensational ghosting card here!!! Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, TK... love that background!!

Anita in France said...

Goodness, that is such a gorgeous background, TK ... the colour is fantastic ... yummy with those die cut blooms! Stunning blog background BTW ... beautiful autumn shades! Hugs, Anita :)